Location: Napoli, Stadio San Paolo
Track conditions: Wet
RC Car: JLB Extreme Cheetah 21101
Battery: Ovonic 3s 8000mAh 50C
In this video I do a pretty extreme (for me at least) wet run with the Ovonic powered 120A Cheetah. Pure adrenaline. 15 minutes uncut First Person View. The car is 100% stock, except the battery.
Continue reading “JLB Cheetah 120A wet run onboard FPV crazy fast action Ovonic 8000mAh power drag race chrono”
Location: Napoli, Coroglio
Track conditions: Dry
RC Car #1: JLB Extreme Cheetah 21101 – 120A ESC
Battery #1: Ovonic 3s 8000mAh 50C
RC Car #2: Wltoys A979B Brushless 3650 – 4300kV – 60A ESC
Battery #2: Ovonic 3s 1400mAh 50C
In this video I test 120A Cheetah with bigger than stock battery, Ovonic 3s 8000 mAh 50C.
And brushless crazily overpowered WLtoys A979B, 60A ESC and 3650 4300kv motor. And my friend crashes the Cheetah twice! 🙂
Note: there is a typo in the vid: the Extreme Cheetah’s ESC is a 120A one!
Continue reading “JLB Cheetah Ovonic 3s 8000mAh 50C and A979B brushless Ovonic 3s 1400mAh GPS test run with crashes”
This is the second of three posts about how to upgrade your WLtoys 1:18 RTR RC cars cleverly, without a waste of money, and thus getting the best out of your purchase. Please remember that this post assumes you have completed upgrade path 1.
In this YouTube video (my first!) I do test Ovonic 3s batteries with 120A JLB Cheetah and the brushless 60A WLtoys A979B from this post! Supporting me through Subscribe and Like would be amazing for me!
Part 2: going brushless, describes the most important steps that will turn your WLtoys 1:18 car into a rocket. After you have completed these steps, the most important point, if you can’t referain on the ESC+motor choice, will be how to keep your RC car on the ground!
Continue reading “WLtoys 1/18 A959 A969 A979 A959B A979B upgrade paths. Part 2: going brushless.”
This post’s topics are the following:
8) radio transmitter and receiver with gyro (dependency for 9,10,11)
9) brushless ESC with programming card (45A+ if you want to go 3s)
10) brushless sensorless 4 poles motor (2838 or bigger)
11) digital metal gear servo (trust me, you want it)
12) full metal drive line (stock gears will last minutes otherwise)
13) stock chassis mod for battery room (bigger 2s, or 3s)
14) better Lipo or even 3s (taking off…)
This is the first of three posts that describes how to upgrade your WLtoys 1:18 RTR RC cars cleverly, without a waste of money, and thus getting the best out of your purchase.
Part 1: the basics, drives you through the very first things you should consider even before buying a WLtoys 1:18 car. If you already bought it, good enough, you are in the right place anyway!
Continue reading “WLtoys 1/18 A959 A969 A979 A959B A979B upgrade paths. Part 1: the basics”
This post’s topics are the following:
0) Metal differentials, drive shafts and outcups (latest B versions have it stock)
1) install bearings, get rid of bushings (improves both speed and runtime)
2) rear wheel hubs (stocks are so weak)
3) front wheel hubs (stocks are weak, but not as rear ones)
4) metal steering line (needs point 5 as well..)
5) metal adjustable rods (..and you’ll finally run straight!)
6) metal oil filled shocks (..and your tyres will stick on the ground!)
7) better tyres with metal rims and hex adaptors
The following review was posted on the shop where I purchased this kit three times, and it was refused three times. I post it following here, 1998 over 2000 allowed characters, with the original pictures I uploaded to the site.
I bought this kit for A979B, many pieces were not useful:
Continue reading “WLtoys 1/18 A949 A959 A969 A979 K929 Upgraded Metal RC Car Parts Kit Review”
-the 37T metal gear is just for non B versions of A949,A959,A969,A979, B version needs 42T.
-the 15T metal pinion is just for non B versions of A949,A959,A969,A979, B version needs 17T.
-the four metal drive shafts/differentials out cups are already stock on A959B and A979B
-the metal central driving shaft is already stock on A959B and A979B