This is the second of three posts about how to upgrade your WLtoys 1:18 RTR RC cars cleverly, without a waste of money, and thus getting the best out of your purchase. Please remember that this post assumes you have completed upgrade path 1.
In this YouTube video (my first!) I do test Ovonic 3s batteries with 120A JLB Cheetah and the brushless 60A WLtoys A979B from this post! Supporting me through Subscribe and Like would be amazing for me!
Part 2: going brushless, describes the most important steps that will turn your WLtoys 1:18 car into a rocket. After you have completed these steps, the most important point, if you can’t referain on the ESC+motor choice, will be how to keep your RC car on the ground!
This post’s topics are the following:
8) radio transmitter and receiver with gyro (dependency for 9,10,11)
9) brushless ESC with programming card (45A+ if you want to go 3s)
10) brushless sensorless 4 poles motor (2838 or bigger)
11) digital metal gear servo (trust me, you want it)
12) full metal drive line (stock gears will last minutes otherwise)
13) stock chassis mod for battery room (bigger 2s, or 3s)
14) better Lipo or even 3s (taking off…)